We try to have as few rules as possible, however, as the Contact Centre is used by several families at the same time, consideration for the comfort and safety of all users is important. Therefore we are grateful to families for following these guidelines;
- Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of the children at all times while at the Centre
- No child may be left without a parent in attendance – unless there is an agreement that a volunteer should hand your child over from one parent to the other
- A child may only be taken out of the Centre during a visit with the written consent of both parents
- Relatives and friends , other than the parents, can only attend if they are named on the referral form
- There must be no arguing in front of the children. Abusive or aggressive behaviour and racist or other offensive remarks will not be tolerated. Any visitor acting in this way will be asked to leave
- Anyone under the influence of, or carrying, alcohol or drugs will not be allowed onto the premises
- There is a no smoking policy on the premises; parents may not leave the premises for a smoke during a contact visit
- All visitors’ mobile phones must be switched off and deposited with the receptionist whilst contact is taking place. If there is an agreement that photos can be taken, using the phone, then a volunteer will oversee the use of the phone for that purpose.
- Video or still photography is only permitted with the permission of the other parent and the Centre Coordinator. Also, please do not use portable computers.
- Please do not bring pets to the Centre – we have no facilities for them
- Our primary concern is for the children. We reserve the right to ask parents (or friends or relatives) to leave if their conduct is such that the atmosphere becomes unpleasant.
- Parents should inform the Centre ahead of time if they are not coming for any appointment (07527 109363)
Rev March 2014
At all times access to the Centre is by prior appointment only.
The Contact Centre Trustees have drawn up a full set of policies for child protection, health and safety, etc. If you have a complaint or concern we hope you will raise it with the Team Leader or Coordinator. You can also ask for a copy of our Complaints Procedure.